Thursday, April 26, 2012

So far, so good!

It's been over a week since I created this blog, and this is only my second post :/   I am glad to say that I have been better about my running routine than I have about my blogging one.

So the Couch to 5k regimen continues.  Except, I tweak it.  I have a tendency to have to "improve" on things (by "improve" I mean "do it MY way").  The workouts start out fairly easy, with a 5 minute walk. But on the first workout I forgot that the first 5 minutes was supposed to be a walk, so I jogged.  I then did the intervals pretty much as directed, but ended up running more at the end than the program calls for.

Well, once you have started a program, you don't want to go backwards, right?  So of course I had to keep doing my workouts this way.  Essentially I am using the workouts as a baseline, and I am listening to my body to figure out if I should go harder that day or not.  So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment